NEW MET POLICE CHIEF WAS TO BLAME FOR DE MENEZES MURDER

​22/02/17

Amber Rudd, British Home secretary has appointed Cressida Dick to the role of the London Met police Commissioner, the highest post in British policing.

In 2005, Cresssida Dick was in command of the failed operation that led to the killing by the Police of a innocent Brazilian man Jean Charles De Menezes at Stockwell tube station in London.

 The family of Jean Charles de Menezes said Cressida Dick’s part in the 2005 disaster meant she could not “command public confidence” as commissioner of the Metropolitan police.

In a letter to the London Mayor, Sadiq Khan (Who was on the interview panel for Met job) Patricia Armani da Silva, wrote on behalf of her family: “As a family, we have always felt that those at the highest level, the commissioner and those in operational command, should be held responsible for the mistakes and for the misinformation and lies that were told by the police.

“We cannot be expected to accept that the most senior police officer in the country, a post that is expected to uphold the highest standards of professionalism, to command public confidence and ultimately be responsible for ensuring that no police officer acts with impunity, be filled by someone that is clearly tainted by her failure to live up to any of those requirements.” 

“The IPCC [Independent Police Complaints Commission] investigation made strong criticisms of the command structure and the decision-making that took place that day.

“As a family, we have always felt that those at the highest level, the commissioner and those in operational command, should be held responsible for the mistakes and for the misinformation and lies that were told by the police.

“We cannot be expected to accept that the most senior police officer in the country, a post that is expected to uphold the highest standards of professionalism, to command public confidence and ultimately be responsible for ensuring that no police officer acts with impunity, be filled by someone that is clearly tainted by her failure to live up to any of those requirements.”

Advertisements

FBU SAY DEATH OF OLD MAN DUE TO BORIS JOHNSON CUTS

image

Boris Johnson, Mayor of London has been accused of being responsible for the death of a elderly man, who died in a house fire in Camden, on Monday night.

On Tuesday, while Boris was busy playing tug of war, the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) said:
” The decision by London Mayor Boris Johnson to close a fire station last year may have led to the death of an elderly man in a fire yesterday,

Yesterday morning (Monday 26 October)  a fire broke out at a property in Camden Road but firefighters from Kentish Town fire station, the nearest to the scene, were unavailable as they were tackling another large fire on Finchley Road. As a result London Fire Brigade were forced to mobilise fire crews from as far afield as Soho, Shoreditch, Lambeth and Stanmore resulting in a wait of 13 minutes before making it to the scene – more than double the six minute response time target. By the time the fire engines arrived from Soho, the pensioner had already either jumped or fallen from his window and had died.

The longstanding Camden based Belsize fire station, one of the 10 stations closed in the capital by Boris Johnson in 2014, may have been able to mobilise fire crews to Camden Road in time to save the man’s life, said FBU London regional secretary Paul Embery.

“Boris Johnson has got serious questions to answer after this tragedy”, he said. “Last year, he forced through massive cuts in the London Fire Brigade, and we warned him that it would lead to longer response times and jeopardise public safety. It is not nice to be proved right.

“His cuts meant that the brigade’s response to this incident was severely delayed. Closing fire stations and slashing firefighter jobs costs lives. It is scandalous that the safety of Londoners is being sacrificed because of the mayor’s fixation with cost-cutting. Last year alone 600 frontline firefighter jobs were slashed.”

London Assembly member for Barnet and Camden, Andrew Dismore, said: “Yet again we have seen how wrong it was to close Belsize fire station. This is the second time this year we have seen how stretched the fire brigade is in answering emergencies in Camden when there is more than one incident at a time.

“This brings home how important it is that the Conservative mayor and government’s demands for yet more cuts can put lives at risk. We have to make sure that in trying to achieve the difficult task of balancing the books we protect the front line and in particular enable the return of the 13 fire engines the mayor has been holding back and is refusing to put back on our fire stations.”

image

 

FBU SAY DEATH OF OLD MAN DUE TO BORIS JOHNSON CUTS

image

Boris Johnson, Mayor of London has been accused of being responsible for the death of a elderly man, who died in a house fire in Camden, on Monday night.

On Tuesday, while Boris was busy playing tug of war, the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) said:
” The decision by London Mayor Boris Johnson to close a fire station last year may have led to the death of an elderly man in a fire yesterday,

Yesterday morning (Monday 26 October)  a fire broke out at a property in Camden Road but firefighters from Kentish Town fire station, the nearest to the scene, were unavailable as they were tackling another large fire on Finchley Road. As a result London Fire Brigade were forced to mobilise fire crews from as far afield as Soho, Shoreditch, Lambeth and Stanmore resulting in a wait of 13 minutes before making it to the scene – more than double the six minute response time target. By the time the fire engines arrived from Soho, the pensioner had already either jumped or fallen from his window and had died.

The longstanding Camden based Belsize fire station, one of the 10 stations closed in the capital by Boris Johnson in 2014, may have been able to mobilise fire crews to Camden Road in time to save the man’s life, said FBU London regional secretary Paul Embery.

“Boris Johnson has got serious questions to answer after this tragedy”, he said. “Last year, he forced through massive cuts in the London Fire Brigade, and we warned him that it would lead to longer response times and jeopardise public safety. It is not nice to be proved right.

“His cuts meant that the brigade’s response to this incident was severely delayed. Closing fire stations and slashing firefighter jobs costs lives. It is scandalous that the safety of Londoners is being sacrificed because of the mayor’s fixation with cost-cutting. Last year alone 600 frontline firefighter jobs were slashed.”

London Assembly member for Barnet and Camden, Andrew Dismore, said: “Yet again we have seen how wrong it was to close Belsize fire station. This is the second time this year we have seen how stretched the fire brigade is in answering emergencies in Camden when there is more than one incident at a time.

“This brings home how important it is that the Conservative mayor and government’s demands for yet more cuts can put lives at risk. We have to make sure that in trying to achieve the difficult task of balancing the books we protect the front line and in particular enable the return of the 13 fire engines the mayor has been holding back and is refusing to put back on our fire stations.”